WEST END ELEMENTARY
The Long Branch School District tasked Crane Associates PC with the design and construction of significant facility upgrades as set forth by the Building Integrity and Life Safety Improvements committee. Crane Associates proposed and executed plans to modernize structural elements of the school and a fire alarm system, as well as numerous replacements of deteriorated and damaged interior and exterior surfaces.
CLIENT: LONG BRANCH SCOOL DISTRICT
LOCATION: LONG BRANCH, NJ
COMPLETION YEAR: 2003
DISCIPLINE: EDUCATIONAL FACILITY
Long Branch Elementary is one of two schools included in the Building Integrity and Life Safety Improvements project for the Long Branch School District. As the primary architect and engineering consultants, Crane provided designs for the following upgrades to this facility:
- Replacement of deteriorated exterior masonry wall system
- Replacement of storefront systems including windows, doors and frames
- Replacement of floor tile
- Repair of damaged steel and structural elements
- Ceiling and wall repairs
- Roofing repairs
- Chimney modifications asbestos and lead based paint abatement
- New addressable fire alarm system
Construction scheduling was critical to the Long Branch Public School system as most work had to be completed during a short calendar window during summer recess. This stipulation required detailed phasing and close construction coordination for all levels of upgrading.